Express Publishing LTD, a legal entity registered under the laws of the United Kingdom, whose registered office is at Liberty House, Greenham Business Park, Newbury, Berkshire, RG19 6HW, United Kingdom, is conducting a contest for the celebration of its 30 years of presence in the publishing market (“Contest”). Full details of the Contest, evaluation criteria and the awarding prizes can be found in the section of this website with the Contest Description (the “Contest Description”).
- These terms and conditions are the Contest Rules (“Rules”) and apply to the Contest featuring in this Internet site unless otherwise expressly stated.
- By entering this Contest, a participant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Contest is open to individuals aged at least 18 years or over, except employees of Express Publishing and anyone otherwise connected with the judging committee of the Contest.
- Express Publishing assumes that by reading the publication or by using the website and entering the Contest (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over. Express Publishing reserves the right to request written proof of age of any nominee award winner before the final announcement of the awards.
- There is no geographical restriction for the participation to the Contest
- The participants are obliged to provide accurate, current and complete information when participating in the Contest. Express Publishing may request a nominee award winner, before announcing the final results, to provide proof of their identity and residence information previously provided by the participant, as well as further personal information that may be required.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase requirements to enter the Contest. There is no charge to register with Express Publishing’s website, when registration is required as part of the entry process.
- Express Publishing reserves the right to disqualify any participant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
- Only one entry per participant will be considered for contest entry and any participant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and Express Publishing discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one entry, Express Publishing reserves the right to select an alternative winner, based on the same criteria as the original winners and will further be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Participants must send entries as required in the Contest Description in order to be eligible. Entries received after the deadline set forth in the contest description are ineligible, null, and void. Express Publishing will not be responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries. Express Publishing is not responsible for entries that are sent but not received by Express Publishing for any reason.
- Express Publishing cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- Express Publishing shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or others any material submitted as part of an entry to this Contest.
- The Awards of the Contest refer to the choosing and inclusion of a number of entries to the anniversary publication of Express Publishing celebrating its 30 years from its establishment. The exact number of included entries and corresponding awards will be specified by Express Publishing at its absolute discretion.
- Award winners will be chosen by the Judging Committee of Express Publishing (the “Committee”) based on the criteria indicated in the Contest description, from all qualifying entries within 60 days of the closing date specified in the Contest Description.
- The prizes are awarded at the absolute discretion of Express Publishing and the Committee. The decision of Express Publishing is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding results and the award.
- Award winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Contest Description by the form/method of contact they provided to Express Publishing when they initially entered the contest. Failure to reply as specified in the award winning notification (and within the time stated) or failure to contact a winner due to null contact details may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Contest winners’ names and other personal details will be published in the Express Publishing publication in which the Contest appeared and on the relevant associated websites.
- Express Publishing reserves the right to condition the awards upon the execution by the winners of a publicity release. Notwithstanding this reserved right, entry and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is conclusively deemed to be permission by the participant to use the participant’s name and the material provided by them free of charge (without any kind compensation to the participant).
- Express Publishing reserves the right to require the winners to execute a written contract or statement and provide other proof of eligibility as a condition of receipt of the award.
- The awards are personal, not transferable, exchangeable or payable in cash or with other products or services. In case of refusal or non-acceptance of the award or conditions that are inherent to the Contest, the prize will not be awarded. In that case, Express Publishing is entitled to choose another winner.
- Any and all income originated from the sale and license of the publication containing the material submitted within the scope of the Contest, will be given to a charity organization, which will be chosen by Express Publishing.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
- Express Publishing does not claim any rights of ownership in the entries provided by the participants. Therefore, all participants retain ownership and copyright, although Express Publishing will be able to use entries as set out in these Terms & Conditions, the participants will also have the right to use their entries in any way they choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. Express Publishing requires to own this) this will be made clear to the participant who will have the right to accept or deny such option.
- In consideration of Express Publishing agreeing to consider participants to the Contest, each participant hereby agrees that Express Publishing (and third parties authorized by Express Publishing) may make any and all winning entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. Each participant hereby grants Express Publishing (and third parties authorized by Express Publishing) a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free licence (for the full period of any rights in the entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the entry for such purposes, without compensation or payments of any kind to the winners.
- Express Publishing does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any entry. Express Publishing may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
- Each entry and any information submitted by the participants must be personal to and relate specifically to each participant. By submitting materials to Express Publishing and within the scope of the Contest, each participant represents and warrants that the materials do not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that each participant has the full and unrestricted right to transfer the materials to Express Publishing free and clear of any claims or encumbrances. In addition, each participant warrants that the materials submitted will not contain anything which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If that is the case, Express Publishing reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by any participant and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
- Neither Express Publishing nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assignees shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, loss, injury, disappointment or any other claims incurred as a result of entering the Contest or as a result of not winning or accepting any award. Express Publishing is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Contest.
- Each participant agrees to hold Express Publishing and its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assignees harmless from and against—and hereby waive any right to pursue—any claims of any nature arising in connection with Express Publishing’s use of the material submitted to Express Publishing and used in any manner in Express Publishing’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Express Publishing reserves the right to cancel or amend the Contest or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Express Publishing’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted within these terms and conditions. A copy of these Terms and Conditions may also be obtained by contacting the Legal Department of Express Publishing.
- Express Publishing reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate any contest at any time without prior notice.
Data Protection and Publicity
- The participants consent to the processing of personal data in connection with participation in the Contest. Express Publishing may add such personal information to its database, which will be retained by Express Publishing for a reasonable period after the Contest closes to assist Express Publishing in operating the Contest in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Contest.
- By providing Express Publishing with your personal data you consent to Express Publishing transferring your personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK. If Express Publishing does make such a transfer it will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your personal data is protected.
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Express Publishing reserves the right to use the names and other personal details of winners in any publicity both in paper and online for promotional or advertising purposes.
- The Contest and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Any questions or comments regarding the Contest can be made in writing through the Contact Page of this website. Express Publishing will respond to any queries as soon as possible.